Since its establishment in 1973, ICOMP has charted a unique path towards strengthening programme capacity and effectiveness with managerial and leadership improvements in numerous developing countries. It promotes South-South cooperation; assists in the development of institutional capacity; accelerates diffusion and up scaling of innovations; and networks professional management resources.
Vision: ‚Ä®Recognised for making a critical difference in population programmes.‚Ä®‚Ä®
Mission: ‚Ä®To achieve excellence in the management of quality population programmes at country, regional and international levels.
It uses the instrumentalities of:
- Developing Comprehensive Capacity Building through self-learning, advanced training and mentoring to enhance knowledge and skills, and providing assistance in applying them to actual needs on the job. through self-learning, advanced training and mentoring to enhance knowledge and skills, and providing assistance in applying them to actual needs on the job.
- Enhancing Organisational/Programme Effectiveness through strengthening organisational and role competencies to carry out programme strategies derived from shared vision.
- Catalysing Innovative Programmes: South-South Network through action research/pilot projects, strategic assessments and technical assistance.
- Promoting Policy Dialogues through developing capacity of whole network of organisations involved, and conducting dialogues to create an enabling, empowering and motivating policy framework for the network to function effectively and efficiently.
- Managing Knowledge for Excellence: South-South Network as Community of Practice through nurturing knowledge market place, building knowledge assets, collaborating with a community of practice, monitoring and enhancing practices.
ICOMP is dedicated to continuously play its role in achieving excellence in the management of population programmes by serving the growing management and leadership needs of both the public sector and NGO managers.